Treatment Option for Wrinkles
These lines on our skin are natural part of the aging process
There is no doubt you are acutely aware of the wrinkles etched in your skin, especially on your face and whether you are expressing yourself or not, realize it’s just part of the natural aging process. There are many factors that contribute to the severity of the condition and how rapidly wrinkles develop.
As our aging process unfolds our natural production of collagen and elastin decreases, this is the primary cause of our thinning skin and susceptibility to wrinkles. Excessive exposure to the sun also adds to this decline, the skin areas most affected and noticeably damaged are the face, neck, hands and forearms. Other influences are smoking, repetitive facial expressions, skin type, heredity, stress, etc.
In addition, fair-skinned people are more predisposed to the development of wrinkles.
What treatment options are available?
If the wrinkles that are occurring as part of your personal aging process are causing you emotional distress and unhappiness or otherwise negatively impacting your quality of life? Perhaps it would a good idea to consider a consultation with one of our skincare experts at SIAN, we’ll be glad to assist you with a solution to your concerns and sensibilities pertaining to your appearance. These days there are more technologically advanced treatments and high quality products available than ever before to remove or diminish unwanted wrinkles.
Popular wrinkle treatment options we offer at SIAN Clinics:
- Botox: a natural protein substance is injected into specific muscles to keep them from contracting, this process makes the skin tighter and wrinkles less apparent in the treated areas. This procedure works well for forehead and crow’s feet lines. Results can last up to 4 months.
- Dermal fillers: by injecting a combination of collagen and hyaluronic acid gel in to specific areas, it gives us a boost, as these natural substances diminish with aging. The resulting affects add volume to our skin and eliminates wrinkles. On average, fillers last from 6 months up to 2 years depending on the type of injection used.
- Laser treatments: there are various laser procedures available at SIAN. In essence with laser technology the surface of the skin is removed, which naturally stimulates the regeneration process of healthy new cells while simultaneously encouraging the production of collagen in the dermis.
- Chemical peels: contains acid and are used to remove the surface level of our skin in specific areas. There are various peels that can target both the surface and deeper levels of the skin. In order to achieve the best results a series of 5 – 7 treatments is recommended with 2 week intervals in between sessions.
- SIAN Lift: is a unique treatment where naturally absorbable cone-shaped threads are placed under the skin, in just 30 minutes or so your skin will be free of wrinkles. The results can be quite impressive and might last for up to two years. There is no downtime or adverse side effects associated with this procedure.
What can I do to prevent wrinkles?
As you know dealing with the appearance of wrinkles is an issue you must face at some point in your life. However, there are several preventive measures you can take to keep your skin as healthy as possible and slow down the development of wrinkles.
- Protect yourself when exposed to the sun: use caution and limit your sun exposure as much as possible, wear protective clothing and sunscreen at all times. Also, choose good quality skincare products with added sunscreen.
- Keep your skin moist: wrinkles are more likely to develop on dry skin. Moist skin is not going to prevent lines from occurring, but will definitely contribute to the appearance of it looking smoother.
- Healthy diet: implementing good nutritional habits, eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and adding natural vitamin supplements to your diet will contribute tremendously to creating healthy, radiant and youthful skin.
- Avoid bad habits like smoking: the negative effects of smoking will impact the health and vitality of your skin by narrowing blood vessels, which impairs blood flow and reduction of the oxygen and nutrient supply to your skin.