HIFU Skin Lifting: Ultrasound Treatment
HIFU skin lifting treatment is a safe, effective, approach for folks who aspire to reverse the signs of aging and to evenly tighten - tone their skin, by focusing on re-energizing the deeper structural layers beneath its surface. It can effectively invigorate the quality and appearance of the skin and improve your self-esteem. The regenerating, long lasting effects can be accomplished without the invasive risks and long recovery time, associated with traditional face lift surgery.
Key Points we’ll be addressing in this article:
I. What exactly is the HIFU skin lifting treatment?
The High Intensity Focused Ultrasound treatment is a relatively new cosmetic, skincare procedure. However, many experts find its long - term results to be comparable to the old style, surgical skin lifting techniques, minus the recovery time, discomfort and other risks.
It’s safe for all skin types, however, it generally works best for people over 30 with moderate skin conditions. Therefore, if you’d like to firm up and enliven your appearance, please read on as it is indeed possible with HIFU treatment.
II. How it works and renews your skin
The HIFU skin lifting treatment generates and circulates heat using ultrasound waves as directed to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Which in turn lifts and stretches the skin producing a highly visible, revitalizing, effect and more youthful appearance.
Many of the treatment protocols are backed by the approval of the US FDA, along with countless scientific research studies and case histories, which confirm its positive, long-term results.
III. How many treatments are required to achieve lasting results: Are there potential side effects?
That depends on a combination of factors, including your age, your skin’s condition and the standard of care you’ve received. It most cases a highly favorable result lasting 2 – 3 years can normally be expected and achieved,after just one HIFU treatment. If your procedure is performed by a competent, skilled, skincare professional, your experience will be free of pain and complications and your end results will be even more satisfying.
More facts and information about the HIFU system:
The HIFU skin lifting treatment was first used for esthetic purposes in 2008.
Its ultra- safe application process, broad usefulness and the relatively pain free nature of the technology, has catapulted its rise in popularity. It’s literally becoming one of the most desirable skin lifting treatments on the market.
The number of patients who’ve received treatments from 2012 to 2017 increased by a walloping 64.8%, according to the ASAPS – American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.
The treatment process is well known to be effective for the following:
- The reduction of fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin
- As a safe, non-invasive, pain free, face-lifting alternative
- Revitalizing and improving the shape of your face.
- Lifting, tightening and toning on eyebrows, frown and forehead (lines) cheeks, nasolabial folds and chin.
- Lacrimal sac reduction
- Tighten and tones the Décolletage areas of the body (upper chest, neck, face)
- For post liposuction skin-smoothing treatments
HIFU is a promising treatment especially for middle aged and younger people, who don’t want to experience the negative affects and long down time, typically associated with old style cut and stitch medical lifting procedures. The treatment may not work for people with photo damaged skin, or more severe cases involving loose or wrinkled skin. In these cases, before there is realization of results as expected, several treatments may be required.
How the process works
The HIFU treatment procedure was designed to focus on the deep structural layers beneath the skin surface where collagen accumulates. Therefore, the top layers of the skin are virtually unscathed and unaffected, which enables the lifting process to unfold without a trace in very gentle way. The technology which makes the HIFU skin lifting treatment so effective, is the highly focused ultrasound method in which it activates and accelerates your body’s healing potential.
The procedure (in most cases) requires no creams, toxins or artificial, but rather promotes and encourages your natural regeneration process. This can be accomplished in 30 -90 minutes with the use of an ultrasound probe.
The special device directs high intensity, focused ultrasound waves in short pulses, deeply into designated connective tissues, stimulating elastin and collagen production and the desired effect. This basic yet revolutionary technique warms the treated tissues and thus a natural skin response is activated, which essentially jump starts the restoration process by increasing your neo-collagen levels.
To further accentuate your results, you can combine Thermage with your HIFU treatments. And to maximize the skin tightening effects, you can include soft lift procedures.
How many treatments are needed for effective results – what are the risks – side effects?
As noted, excellent results can normally be expected after just one HIFU skin lifting treatment. Additional treatments may be necessary if severe sagging, deep wrinkles, or other serious issues are present? If so, an additional treatment can be administered 8-12 months after the first.
- One study suggests that 20% of the expected results can be seen immediately after the initial treatment with the final result being visible 3-6 months later.
- Another more complex Korean, clinical research project involving 93 people, revealed that HIFU treatment improved the tone and texture of their face and neck after 90 days in 66% of the treated cases.
- In yet another extensive study, 97.8% of the participants treated,experienced results that were considered very good or better then expected after one year, 68.5% described their improvements as very good or exceeded their desired results after 12.6 years.
Minimal side effects result in some cases as follows:
- Swelling or slight redness may occur, and if so, should quickly subside.
- There may also be a slight sensitivity to touch and light tingling sensation, which can persist in some cases for a few weeks.
- In rare instances, bruising and temporary local numbness may occur. These side effects usually disappear after a few days.
Some of the contraindications:
- When the treated area has been subjected to Silicone injections
- When certain blood disorders exist
- Patients wearing Pacemakers
In general, you can treat a single problem area or all your affected areas in a single session with the HIFU skin lifting treatment. Directly after your treatment you can easily and without limitation, resume your usual activities.
SIAN is recognized as one of the leading skincare clinics in HCMC. They offer a full spectrum of non – invasive, high tech, beauty treatments besides the HIFU treatment. Their primary focus is to provide their valued patients with an unparalleled level of personalized care, safely, and effectiveness to overcome their skin issues and concerns.
Come to Sian Skin Care Clinic to realize and reclaim a healthier more vibrant looking you.